Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Only 2 More Days!

With only one more final to give tomorrow morning, I am almost finished with my school year. My room is so much cleaner, excess papers are going to recycling, and supplies have been turned back to the department. I've arranged for my friends to take me to the airport in plenty of time to get good seats on my flight with Air France. The flight takes me from Houston to Paris, and then on to Venice for the first 3 days of my trip.

My hotel is actually in Mestre, on the mainland near Venice. Hotel rates are much better, and I'll be near the rail station for the next leg of the journey.

I've learned a little Italian history as I book the hotels. Villa Crispi, my hotel, is named for Francesco Crispi (1819-1901) who was a 19th century Italian polititian. He was instrumental in the formation of a united Italy and was its Premier from 1887 until 1891 and again from 1893 until 1896. If you would like to see more about Villa Crispi, go to www.villacrispi.it .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home