Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Just One More Day to Go...

After nearly two years of dreaming, hoping, and then planning, I am now only24 hours away from leaving for Italy. With a few last minute changes in my packing I'm satisfied that I now have just the essentials. Rick Steves' mantra is "Pack light" and I'm following his advice. In order to avoid baggage claim lines and the possibility of lost luggage, I am taking only one carry-on bag and a small backpack/purse. Pretty good for 16 days of vacation, wouldn't you say?

Immediately after the final bell rang this morning dismissing the last class taking their final exams, our administrators continued school tradition by playing the Hallelujah chorus over the intercom. (Maybe the students thought it was for them, but we teachers really know who that music is for!)

And now for a good night's sleep... Buona sera!

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so envious of you guys...I'd do anything to go back to Italy again! I am so excited that you are getting this opportunity and I'm looking forward to hearing about all you'll be doing.
-Anita :-)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you and Becky have arrived safely and are beginning your quest. I look forward to hearing your first installment.

Graduation went well without too much fanfare (except for some balloons at the very end). Also, the 'mice students' were allowed to walk. Not sure about the circumstances of that.

Arrivaderci (don't laugh at the spelling).

Ciao!

Bruce

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog idea! I've got to get into the 21st Century! What a wonderful opportunity for you and your daughter to share. I sent the info to Christy, so hopefully you'll hear from her as well. I still have a week to work. I've had 3 graduation parties to attend; the last one is this afternoon at 5:00 p.m. Have fun and take it alllll in! Love, Janice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home