Venice is Beautiful!
We have finally found an internet connection now that we are about to finish our two days in Venice. The weather has been wonderful, cool and no rain.The flight over was VERY rough and both Becky and I got a little ill. We were not able to do much once we got to Mestre (where we are staying in Villa Crispi Hotel). However, by Saturday we were on the vaporetta touring the Grand Canal.
We have been able to see almost all of the sights on my plan. I got to see all of St. Marks Cathedral this time, except for the original 4 horses that were atop the church. The Doges Palace was just as impressive as last time, but Becky thought the prison was creepy!
We took a walk into the back areas of Venice today and really enjoyed the locals. The art is breathtaking in these churches, but almost too much to absorb! There was in interactive exhibit of models based on da Vinci codices in one of the churches. We got to move levers, raise water with an Archimedes screw device and lots more.
I will have to keep this short because it costs lots of euros to use! Thanks for the comments from those that have written me. I have taken about 100 pictures in just 2 days so there will be lots to show. Ciao!


2 Comments:
When I hadn't seen an update, I was getting a little worried. Sorry the flight was rough. Not much you can do about it when it happens either. However, you are not on the ground and it sounds like you and Becky are having a great time. I remember when we were touring Florence that I was so overwhelmed by all the art that I probably could not appreciate it as much as I should. I mean, how many Madonna and Childs can one look at?
Enjoy your trip and I hope we have a chance to get together when you return.
Ciao,
Bruce
I'm so glad to know you arrived in Venice safely...so sorry the flight was not pleasant. It sounds you're enjoying your trip so far...is it wrong to be so jealous!! Oh well, I'll go back when I win my first million!
-Anita :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home