A Short Note on Vicenza
Becky and I finally found an Internet cafe in Florence so I will write a little about earlier in the week. We caught a train to Vicenza on Tuesday to see Palladio's works but the rain put a real damper on things. We saw the Teatro Olimpico, Palladio's last design, and thoroughly enjoyed the perspective backgrounds for the stage presentations.We ate lunch at a cute pizzaria and then decided to try to catch the next scheduled train back to Padua to get our bags--it was one of our funniest moments so far. We dashed through the streets of a foreign town, asking directions in a language neither of us knew, only to arrive at the station with about 1 minute to spare. We got our tickets and as I boarded the train the doors started closing on me. Meanwhile Becky is still on the platform with our backpack and tickets! A nice passenger pulled open the doors, reached out for Becky and swung her up! We had a good laugh over that narrow escape!
Back to Padua and our bags and then a wonderful fast train to Florence...
(FOOTNOTE: I thought this note was lost in cyberspace! However, Becky showed where to find this lost post...Always take someone like her on your trips if you want to know how to use the technology!)


1 Comments:
Becky is a technological genius! I love reading your posts because you are so descriptive. The train story made me smile :) I'm so glad you two are having a wonderful trip!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home