Internet, karaoke, trains, and miscellaneous
I couldn't quit writing without mentioning that Becky and I are sitting somewhere down the street from the hotel, typing away, listening to truly awful singing in some bar above us. Where are those wonderful Italian accordians when you need them!Also, a note about the trains. If you want to get somewhere quickly, the secret is getting on an Eurostar train. We made it from Florence to Rome in about one and a half hours. However, there are lots of tunnels so we didn't see as much of Tuscan hillsides as we wanted.
On cell phones...EVERYONE is always on a cell phone here. Even people who wait on you, cut your hair, etc. On the trains people yell into them. It is very annoying. We have also been surprised at the amount of graffiti on the walls, like tagging back home. I don't remember that from before.
By the way, if you want to get married, come to Rome in June. Everywhere we turned there were brides and grooms have photo shoots with the Coliseum in the background! We took a few pictures at first and then noticed more and more!
More on Rome later...
Ciao!


1 Comments:
I am so glad that you and Becky are having such a great time. We took the train from Rome to Florence and back as well as from Rome to Napels and back. I cannot remember if it was a Eurostar to Florence but I believe it was to Napels. When I went to Paris in Sept. there were a lot of wedding shots being done along the Seine. Truly romantic. Enjoy your trip and look forward to the next installment.
Ciao,
Bruce
Post a Comment
<< Home